Monday, January 15, 2007

Fame wasn't built in a day (& other short stories)

Hi all,
I'm just after posting a new track onto Myspace, it's rough, it was recorded today but it's the latest song i have. It's called 'Paper man'. I was even conscientious enough to pop up the lyrics so Dave could have another grammatical stab at me :P.
My first week as an independent artist passed relatively quietly . The A&R guy from EMI hasn't busted down my door yet but i guess word of mouth is a little slower than previously anticipated. Actually it's probably on a par with a geriatric sloth however, it has been an education just getting stuff up that's listenable and sorting out pictures and all. I'm not planning on conquering the world or anything but there is a little kick from the feedback, all 1 comment of it (thanks james).
My music arsenal was increased by the addition of a new midi controller (keyboardie, knobby, button thingummy) the axiom 25 by M-audio, compliments of my other half, Brian. So if you start hearing house music coming from this direction you'll know who to blame. Other pioneers of midi controllers are Hystereo, Daft Punk and Autechre.
This is a picture of one i built from scratch for my final year project last year. I haven't named it yet, my madness didn't sink to those depths, but if you think of something shout it.
That's it for this episode, have a listen to the new track and post some comments, the longer the better.
Be good,
Gav.

3 comments:

danny said...

Hey gav, I like the new track, it's got a nice feel to it. I especially like "born in the gut of a runaway truck", nice line. Keep 'em coming.

Unknown said...

Hey Gav, moved to sadness by your appeal for comments I decided to leave one. I liked the last entry, it's a pity you don't stick one in more often. I think you should call your home-brew Stu.

Anonymous said...

Nah... look at the picture again. Something with that many gizmos and doodads HAS to have a name ending in TRON or BORG. Oh, and it needs to have a random meaningless number thrown on at the end too. Something along the lines of "Stu-tron 8000"...