Sorry for the delay with the latest Fawm song. As usual it is posted to the right. It's called whistling windows. It was a doozy to write i had to use only 2 chords as part of a weekly Fawm challenge. So my take on it was to do a kind of bluesy, rythymic song that's not too dependent on chord transitions. The blind boys of alabama do this kind of thing a lot to great effect, Hence my three part harmony. Let me know what you think of it. (harmonies or otherwise).

On another note i have started in Galway, i'm living out on Taylor's Hill a 15 minute walk from town. I have a jog on the prom at salthill this morning, the sea is pretty impressive even at it's greyest and angriest. There will be plenty of stuff to sing about by the looks of things. The city is overrun with musos and drunk students (it's ragweek), So there is a lot of debauchery and carousing. We say one guy on his knees having a full blown barking competition with some woman's dog yesterday. There are some good gigs on in the roisin dubh, yann tiersen (of amelie fame, happy dude to the right) is playing in april amongst others. I think i'm going to get along nicely here...
Hit me with your comments.
Be good,
Gav.
6 comments:
Hey Gav,
Liked it a lot, definitely better than FAWM no2 and the lyrics were as good (if not better) than FAWM no1. I think the 3 part harmony worked very well, though the 3rd ....erm...part seemed token, maybe you could have done with just two.
Only thing to say is that the sound quality prevents you from enjoying the song fully, at last I thought so.
But definitely my favourite FAWM so far. Well done.
Thanks Brian. As regards the sound quality it's part of the problem with having to record it all in a couple of hours i don't have time to mix properly or fine tune.
Also because i'm in the new house i don't want to make too much racket because of the neighbours, so i had to record low, which doesn't help too much.
Glad you like it, the groove card seems to work, must try some more like that.
alright gav,
ya got some good stuff going on. you've got a community of music around ya at the mo. I like the laidbackness of the tunes.reminding me of JJ Cale, except with a more contemporary feel along the lines of jack johnson. I wouldn't worry about soud quality. A good idea recorded on a mobile is better than a piece of crap recorded in a studio. I feel like mistic meg...your going to meet a stranger who you'll have a fruitfull beginning with. It might rain occasionally but you'll have sunshine along the road you follow
Gee Gal i forgot how profound you can be. Let me know if that 'Star columnist' thing ever comes through. Cheers for the comment. I'd agree with the sound quality sentiment. But the question is will i be too lazy to record it properly?? I'll pencil in a a week or two to record this stuff during the summer i think. A mini album complete with photo shoot, album launch party and girls on poles.
I think the girls on poles could work well for the album. You could get onto the lovely Girl winner from the Tedfest this year. Saw her in the paper this morning... a fine filly
i've always felt that you can never have enough girls on poles, whichever industry you work in. For my purposes this would translate into squeaking and groaning in the background of my cd. A bad thing? Maybe but maybe not...
Post a Comment