Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fawm #5 - le dernier Faume?

Hi all,
The latest FAWM post is up. It's called the Weavers of Ardragh and can be heard from the player to the right. You can get the song with the lyrics at the FAWM site here .It's a little of departure in terms of style. It's a proper ballad, folk type song. Ardragh is a small town near the Donegal coast in the northwest of Ireland. I saw archive footage a couple of weeks ago about three bachelor brothers who worked as weavers there all their lives. I wrote and recorded this all last night, the emphasis is more on the story and melody, there's not much groove to it. Just guitar and vocals. I hope you like it, I thoroughly enjoyed writing this one, it's my first song with some sort of explicit Irish content in it.
I have the bones of FAWM#6 done, but i'm not sure if i'll get time to record and upload it, the deadline is midnight tonight. Thanks again for all of your comments and e-mails they have been a really great boost. As always feel free to post here or e-mail.
Enjoy,
Gav.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Gav,

Good to go out on a bang! Fair play with all the songs, i wouldn't put this one down as your greatest song(lyrics) but it was sung really well man. Let me know if you manage to pin down any more tunes and send a link my way!
It must of been tough man but fair play to you all the same! It was some achievement!!!

Well done,
Conor

Gavin said...

Thanks conor, 'preciate it. Will keep up the songwriting and move all the stuff to the blog. Your right it got tough towards the end.